The Love Dress | Valentine's Day

Sometimes I can feel cynical about Valentines.

 The cards, chocolates and presents sometimes feels like just another way capitalists make more money from us. My boyfriend and I purposely try to avoid going OTT with the affair, and just try to make time for a cuddle. Yet I can’t resist trying to make an effort with my appearance for my boyfriend (not that he minds or understands fashion in the slightest) and this year is no exception.

My love of pastel colours will never fade and pastel reds, pinks and purples are great for Valentines. The softer colours are so romantic and a great way of making a statement without bolder colours. This year I have opted for a Rokoko Smock Dress in Purple. I fell in love with the neck collar details and the flowing bottom suits my pear shape body perfectly. A pair of wings and I would feel just like a fairy! 

I love how versatile this dress is, but I could easily make this more girly or rock it up with different accessories. The colour also is just perfect for when spring finally arrives.


I’ve paired this with these old knee high boots to make it sultry for the day of love, and a simple black floral embroidered bag from New Look. 

As the weather is still chilly in the UK, I know I'm going to need to wrap up while traveling around on the day. I have opted for my trusty and well used The Whitepepper (anyone else mourning the loss of this amazing shop!) Black knitted cardigan with floral detailing and my The Whitepepper Block grey and pink oversized coat, also well loved.


What outfit are you planning to wear on this Valentine’s Day?


Reniee xoxo

Comments